Today’s “Gifts that Give” features Raven + Lily. I went to a home show of the Raven + Lily products a few years ago while we lived in Waco–I loved the jewelry that was remade from bullets, and since then, the earrings have become my favorite pair (gold and silver). The idea of taking something broken and destructive but making something beautiful from it while helping employ a woman in poverty made my purchase even more valuable. As I was looking at their website now, they have added so many new pieces of beautiful jewelry that you do not want to miss browsing! www.ravenandlily.com And there are tons of accessories to choose from as well.
These earrings are very popular–leather, and as they wear they become even more beautiful. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Joanna Gaines wearing them on an early episode of Fixer Upper 😉
The mission on their website:
Raven + Lily Is An Ethical Fashion And Lifestyle Brand Dedicated To Empowering Women Through Design.
Raven + Lily was created to alleviate poverty among women. Raven + Lily currently helps employ over 1,500 marginalized women at fair trade wages to give them access to a safe job, sustainable income, health care, education, and a real chance to to break the cycle of poverty for themselves and their families. Raven + Lily is committed to providing products that are made by hand, follow fair trade standards, and honor our eco-friendly commitment.
- Empowering Women in Ethiopia
- Empowering Women in India
- Empowering Women in Cambodia
- Empowering Women in Kenya
- Empowering Women in the USA
- Empowering Women in Guatemala
- Empowering Women in Pakistan
- Empowering Women in Malaysia
- Empowering Women in Haiti
- employing at risk, impoverished women to improve their livelihood
- eco-friendly practices in our sourcing of materials and our design processes
- honoring traditional artisan crafts and techniques
- providing sustainable fair trade wages
- creating exclusive, modern designs that reflect the beauty and culture of the women who create them
- donating back to our artisan communities for healthcare and educational needs
Please check out their jewelry, apparel and accessories–they are a feast for the eyes!!!